Monday, January 14, 2008

First week of school


Things went well for the first week of school. I got to all my classes without too much trouble. I'm taking New Testament, Family History, Biology, Introduction to Literary Analysis and Writing and Rhetoric. It should prove to be an interesting and entertaining semester. My laptop is pretty much my constant companion, which is good, but sometimes I get comments from people looking over my shoulder about my wallpaper. I don't know why so many people ask questions about it, its no different than that "Don't mess with Texas" thing that all the Texans put on their stuff. People need to be warned about Illinois, too. We are not to be toyed with or underestimated. Well, 'nuff said about that. My ward is really interesting. Its definetly an older ward, consisting mostly of returned missionaries (male and female) and junior and seniors. There are some nerds and goofballs, just like any ward. There is not a whole lot of new news, except for I have a new phone! I'm with Sprint, which is pretty good, except for I get no reception in the belly of the Harold B. Lee Library. Oh well, I suppose that makes for a more distraction-free library experience. Well, this is it for now. Be safe and don't do drugs!

5 comments:

sara said...

I was glad to finally find your blog. I hope that things are going well this week. It might be a good thing that you don't get reception in the library. You might get other things done, like studying. Good Luck in all your classes.

The Schauerhamers said...

hey i just found your blog and want to see more! we hope to see you at baby's blessing!

Jennifer said...

We're glad to see you in our blogging community. I will be picking you up in the evening of February 15th. Thanks for the warning about drugs.

Stacy said...

Hey, we Texans are all for slogans!

Madison said...

Crap! Why didn't you tell me not to do drugs earlier? It would have saved me so much trouble.